This is the second part of Leçon 2 of series : Apprenons le Français 1.
Here’s what you’ll find in this lesson :
1. Common FAQs on accents : definition and where do we use them.
2. Different accents of French with examples.
3. Importance of these accents
4. Tips to learn their names + Resources to further learn these accents.
5. How to read them in a sentence!
6. Lastly, some fun interactive exercises (audio/video/dictation) to self-assess
Regardez la vidéo pour pratiquer la prononciation and apprendre cette leçon en entier :
(Watch the video to practice the pronounciation and learn the complete lesson.)
Tips/Resources to practice French accents:
- Watch the Baby Shark Song on: les accents français
- Additionally, read this informative article “How To Use The 5 French Accent Marks For Sophisticated Communication”
- An interesting article to learn more about accents: https://frenchlessonsaustralia.com.au/french-accents/
1.Exercise 1 (audio) : https://trainfrench.com/French/Vocabulaire/Exos_vocabulaire/alphabet/accent/accent_cloze.htm
2.Exercise 2 (choose the word with different accents): https://www.ortholud.com/accents/accent-aigu.html
3. Exercise 3 (dictation) : https://www.lepointdufle.net/apprendre_a_lire/dictee_de_lettres.htm
The dictation here is somewhat challenging as it says 6 letters at a time, but I am sure you’d be able to do it after all the hard work required.